The Khon Thai Foundation is a social purpose organization that emphasizes upon the development of platforms enabling wide ranges of stakeholders active on social issues to connect, collaborate, and share resources, including knowledge expertise, volunteers, funding, with each other in order to create multipliers on social projects for large scale collective impact. The ultimate purpose of its effort is in order to strengthen the social ecosystem in Thailand.
“To take part in developing Thailand’s well-being society”
The Khon Thai Foundation’s mission has been focusing on the following:
- To engage citizen participation in solving social issues,
- To develop platforms that emphasize on solving major social problems, and
- To mobilize resources needed by the social projects through the collaborative platform
These three missions are hoped to strengthen the social ecosystem that can transform Thailand into the sustainable & prosperous country.
To engage citizen participation in solving social issues
To develop platforms that emphasize on solving major social problems
To mobilize resources needed by the social projects through the collaborative platform
Due to the variety of social engagement, the Khon Thai Foundation’s stakeholders include distinct categories of individuals and organizations.
- Practitioners/Change Makers
- Social Purpose Organizations (public/private/civil society organizations) in all levels such as local, national, regional, and international level
- Academic Organizations
Outputs & Results
In 2016, all four platforms are vital elements to develop the social ecosystem that leads to the sustainable society. The outputs and results are as shown below.
- Reached 186,058 beneficiaries
- Reached 372 target organization
- Reached 4,000 active citizens
- Reached 25 skill-based volunteers
- Raised 67,462,701.29 Baht in funding